Covered California is the state’s health insurance marketplace, where Californians can find affordable, high-quality insurance from top insurance companies. Covered California is the only place where individuals who qualify can get financial assistance on a sliding scale to reduce premium costs. Consumers can then compare health insurance plans and choose the plan that works best for their health needs and budget. Depending on their income, some consumers may qualify for the low-cost or no-cost Medi-Cal program.
In response to the pandemic, California has extended its open enrollment period for health coverage through Covered California.
Effective Feb. 1, anyone uninsured and eligible to enroll in health care coverage through Covered California can sign up through May 15. You can use this time to enroll in a health insurance plan for the first time, or change your plan to one that may better suit your needs!
For more information, please visit www.CoveredCA.com.
- You are guaranteed coverage
- You will not be turned away for pre-existing conditions
- Rates are based on your age, family size and income
- There is financial assistance available for those who qualify
- Preventative care is now included in every health plan
- Learn if you qualify for Medi-Cal, California’s Medicaid program
If you are not sure of what plan to select, there are experts available to help you enroll at no additional cost. Call toll- free at (800) 300-1506 or online at https://www.coveredca.com/find-help/.