In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Gavin Newsom issued an executive order on Thursday, March 19, for all Californians to stay home, except for essential activities and services. This order is critical in the state's efforts to flatten the curve and slow the spread of this pandemic. You can read the full order here.
Californians have been staying home and saving lives since the start of our statewide stay-at-home order. These efforts have allowed the state to move forward on modifying the order. As California reopens, Californians must follow best practices:
- Maintain 6 feet social distancing
- Wear a face covering
- Wash your hands often
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when sick
Together, we can keep our communities healthy and safe.
COVID-19 Testing is available across Orange County, through the Orange County Testing Network and at private labs and hospitals across the county.
Appointments are required at all test sites. To make an appointment, call your healthcare provider or make an appointment online through the OC COVID-19 Testing Network.
There is $0 out of pocket cost for testing, though your insurance company may be billed. If you do not have health insurance and you have symptoms, you can get a free test through the OC COVID-19 Testing Network.
Need help scheduling a COVID-19 test?
Latino Health Access is operating a COVID-19 Call Center to assist individuals with scheduling a COVID-19 test, as well as receiving assistance with food or rent, a place to isolate or quarantine, or general COVID-19 related questions. The call center is open every day from 7am – 8pm.
Latino Health Access COVID-19 Call Center: (714) 805-7838
The district office remains available for casework and constituent services. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance with accessing resources related to COVID-19, including the following state agencies:
- Employment Development Department - The Governor has waived the one-week waiting period to receive unemployment benefits for those unemployed and/or disabled as a result of COVID-19.
- Franchise Tax Board - The FTB announced special tax relief for California taxpayers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. 2019 California tax returns and payments are due July 15, 2020, for all tax filings and payments due between March 15, 2020, through July 15, 2020.
- Consumer Complaints - The Attorney General is actively enforcing price gouging related to emergency and medical supplies. File a complaint.
- California Department of Motor Vehicles – California DMV field offices will be closed beginning March 27, and will reopen virtually on April 2. For the DMV's most recent updates.
The Orange County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) functions as the communication and coordination center for both the County and Operational Area emergency response organization.
- Orange County Public Healthcare Agency
- Anaheim COVID-19 Updates & Resources
- Garden Grove COVID-19 Updates & Resources
- Orange COVID-19 Updates & Resources
- Santa Ana COVID-19 Updates & Resources
State Information And Services
BUSINESSES & EMPLOYERS
View questions and answers for employers, and small business owners.
View information about healthcare coverage and how to protect yourself when you go out.
Most California schools are closed. Get information about distance learning and how to stay informed.
See if you are eligible for paid family leave, unemployment benefits, etc.
HOUSING AND HOMELESSNESS
Find resources about how we are helping our most vulnerable.
The state is offering an extension for California taxpayers.
MENTAL HEALTH & EMOTIONAL SUPPORT
View resources for managing stress and anxiety.
GET FINANCIAL HELP
Information on: Unemployment Insurance, Paid Family leave, Disability Insurance
GUIDE FOR IMMIGRANT CALIFORNIANS
Learn how to protect yourself, your family, and your community.