Beginning in 2020, Orange County will transition to Vote Centers instead of traditional polling places for all elections. This transition includes important changes that aim to improve the voter experience and make voting easier and more accessible for all. Please take a moment to learn more about Vote Centers by reading below.
WHAT IS A VOTE CENTER?
Vote Centers are a one-stop shop for in-person voting and much more.
- You will have the opportunity to vote at one of nearly 200 vote centers located throughout Orange County
- Vote for 10 days prior to any election day, including Saturdays and Sundays
- You will be greeted and checked in electronically
- Drop off completed vote-by-mail ballot at any location
- Receive customer service and general assistance
Vote Centers provide more options to match your schedule.
- Elections are no longer a one-day event
- Voting begins the month before any election day when every registered voter receives a Voter Information Guide as well as a vote-by-mail ballot
- Multiple ways to cast your vote:
- Vote-by-mail. No postage is required.
- Drop off your ballot at any secure Drop Box. No postage is required.
- Vote in person at a Vote Center
WHERE CAN YOU VOTE?
If you prefer to cast your ballot in-person, there will be nearly 200 Vote Centers and Ballot Drop Boxes located throughout Orange County. You may also choose to cast your ballot in-person at the Orange County Registrar of Voters, located in Santa Ana. You can find an official list of all the Vote Centers and Ballot Drop Boxes near you by visiting the Orange County Registrar of Voter’s website, or by clicking one of the links below.
Vote Center Locations Locate Vote Center Near You
WHEN CAN YOU VOTE?
- All registered voters in Orange County will be mailed a vote-by-mail ballot by February 3, 2020. As soon as you receive a vote-by-mail ballot, you can submit it through the US Post Office immediately and without need for postage.
- The last day to register to vote for the 2020 Presidential Primary Election is February 17, 2020.
- If you are not a registered voter in Orange County, you can complete a Conditional Voter Registration and vote a Provisional Ballot during the 14 days prior to Election Day, beginning February 18, 2020.
- Beginning February 22, 2020, select Vote Centers and Ballot Drop Boxes will be open to the public throughout the county, where you can cast your vote.
- Beginning February 29, 2020, additional Vote Centers and Ballot Drop Boxes will be open to the public, where you can cast your vote.
- Election Day is March 3, 2020. Vote Centers will be open from 7 am – 8 pm.
To learn more about Vote Centers and upcoming election information, click on the informational flyers below or visit the Orange County Registrar of Voters website by following this link.
Flyer Attachment Brochure Attachment